Monday 11 March 2013

On the 8th day my true love gave to me… Laziness!

Right ok. So I really feel lazy today and decided to skip dinner. I blame the woman who seats near me at work and who is a walking cheese factory…  She is so sweet it feels evil to say no to her… She is also a master of “I’ll be a minute” that results in me to me shouting “it been 10 minutes I A M LEAVING NOW COME ON!”  I got home late and was to cold to do anything meaningful.
I have roasted some peanuts (groundnuts) and munching on them while typing this update… I think I may be fattening because of the amount I have been eating .These ones are from the village where my Grand-parents were born… The land of the Bamileke in the province of Nde in Western Cameroon… You better not tell me you can’t place this on the map of Africa!... Little note for you dear reader; Africa isn’t a country.  In the same way that Europe isn’t one!
Talking about peanuts. Have you tried the soya nuts? They are great… and calories free. But those pesky things cost £1.20 for a handful of them. I have to make them last.
Brekki (buckwheat cinnamon & toppings)
Anyways. Back to today for breakfast I had crushed Buckwheat porridge with rice milk flavoured with cinnamon. All I can say is, it needs improvement. It wasn’t that bad. Buckwheat as porridge actually has a good consistency and keep a bit of its graininess after 5 minutes in the microwave. I prefer its consistency to that of the oatbran porridge.
As regards to the rice milk, I find it actually nicer that the Almond or the soya milk. The last wo are actually milkier and have unsweetened options. The rice milk on the other hand though naturally sweeter look like an over skimmed cow milk… all 3 are costlier than the cow milk which I prefer whole.
For lunch I just had a tomato and radish with homage pesto sauce.
Tomato & radish with pesto basil
Have I told you? This week I am praying about the leadership in churches and para-churches organisations. Isn’t it just fitting to stumble across Nebuchadnezzar who is refusing to acknowledge that God place him there and gave him all that he had… he was sent away and was reminded who is in charge. Then the next king also forgot… well it seem at some point, all leaders forget who got them there, preach and act off message and it is why we all need to pray for those who lead us whether they are a pain in the derriere or not.
Fancy joining me this week, do not hesitate…. “Whenever 2 or 3 agree in prayer” and all that… DM me @hjulienne or just say a prayer around 11.30 am every day this week.
Ok bonne nuit. Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment