Saturday 9 March 2013

Daniel day 6 ... Doubt


Where's my encouragement?

Why do people seem to pity you whenever you say that you are doing a Daniel fast or any other fast for that matter? I don’t get it! It is like when you tell the same type of people that you travel 1 hour and 30 minutes to work each way; they give you that same look. And the look says “why are you even trying?” What is it with THEM! I seriously hope that the default position of pitying everybody who think/does the things “I won’t /wouldn’t do” is particular to the set of people I frequent. Would be a pity if a whole population was that way.
I have had that look often this week; I am starting to wonder is I am doing this Daniel fast in the right way.  I am actually enjoying it. If you, yes you dear reader think that I am doing this wrong, feel free to tweet me @hjulienne.
All banned, for March!
A Daniel fast isn’t a weight loss programme either people! So stop asking that question. This fast is about forgoing all things processed, refined, and all food items of animal origin, which I am doing.
I have been really creative with my food so far and think I may have even put on some pound this week. It feels great to know that, those pounds aren’t brought on by sugar, biscuits, cakes, whole milk or bacon.
Today I am starting the day with a full English breakfast with a fry-up Daniel style. Since I started this,  I actually have the time to have a cooked breakfast today.  So, the composants of the breakfast were oatbran savoury pancake, a large fried mushroom and fried tomato slices and a chunky tomato sauce for moisture.
To make the breakfast you will need:
Half mug of oatbran, Half mug of soya milk, 2 tomatoes,  2 big garlic pearls, herbes de Provence, white pepper  & vegetable oil.
The pancakes:  mix the oatbran, milk and 2 pinches of salt in a bowl. Stir well and leave to soften & bind for 15 minutes. After that, stir again and the mix should look like a batter. It is ready to fry.
On a hot non sticky pan spay a bit of oil. Once the oil is hot enough, measure 3 table spoons of the batter then spread it the in the pan and leave to cook for 1.30 minutes to 3 minutes each side depending on how crispy you want the edges to be.  With the measurements given, you should obtain 3 medium size pancakes.
The mushroom and tomato: Peel the mushroom and remove the stork. Slice 1 tomato in 3 rondelles, dice on of the garlic.
Dust the tomato and the mushroom with salt, white pepper, diced garlic and herbes de Provence. On a hot pan, put a table spoon of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot enough, place the tomato rondelles and mushroom let them fry till brown on each side, set aside.
The last tomato & garlic clove: dice both, then toss- fry both until soften, no more than 3 minutes in a hot oily pan… this is what will add moisture to the whole thing… just like bake beans would.
Now all is ready to serve. I served mine stacked in this order: pancake, mushroom, tomato rondelles, then the chunky tomato sauce on top. Bon Appétit!
I didn’t do the toss-fry tomato this morning as I premade a whole jar last night. If you want to make a jar of this, I will post the full recipe soon along with other of the same type.
Thank you for reading. A demain.
Great food to shoo doubts isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment