Monday 25 March 2013

Day 22 … My bible is back

Turns out, I had left my bible at church. I was so glad to find it in the lost properties yesterday. I’ve had it for over 9 years now. The inside serves as a journal and I have written +highlighted most
My battered bible
pages… ahhh well come back beloved!
This episode highlighted something though… I blamed the devil last week when I couldn’t find my bible… really sorry for this time dear Lucifer… isn’t this something we so readily do as Christians? We automatically blame the devil for our own failures, lack of self-control and other inadequacies. I could write an essay on that subject… We reject the fault on the “prince of Persia” rather than checking ourselves. In so doing, we fail to admit that we are still “under construction”.
There is a good reason why I left my bible behind last week though; I was trying to duck to avoid an admirer. What is it with some men…  Be kind to them and they think that they have found the next Mrs. Now I know that I am “beautifully and wonderfully made”, but no thank you. And it seems we live in the same street as well. More ducking
Pepe le pew - Stinky. Sticky
then? Hate it when that happens. I have now changed the service I attend on the Sunday… still! Onwards and sideways.
On to the food; today for lunch I had what I called “Broccoli rescue” with dying broccoli and 3 random radishes which I have browned with onions quarters and topped with roasted almond flakes. This dish was inspired by one that I saw in the Sunday times last week. They called it broccoli and garlic...  
What you need to recreated this dish are: Fresh broccoli preferably, some radishes, one onion cut in quarters, 3 garlic cloves, half a stock cube & herbes de Provence.
Method: in hot oil, brown all the sides of the onion quarters, same for the radishes. Throw in your broccoli florets and minced garlic, season with the herbes de Provence and dust with your vegetable stock. Cook until the broccoli softens to your liking. Serve topped with the crushed roasted almond flakes. Voila!
My "Broccoli rescue"

For dinner I had a “mijote” of green lentils with soya meatballs. This a French recipe normally cooked with sausages, ham and gammon… yup all in the same pot!
For my vegan version, I have used soya meatballs which I have soaked in boiling water for about 10 minutes before frying in seasoning.
As for the lentils, they must be soaked for about 6 hours then boiled for 1 hour before they can be used in anything (that is if you are using the dried ones). You can see all the ingredients on the picture, go on try it. If you want the step by step recipe, DM me.
With so much good food around I don’t think I am going to be losing any weigh before the end of this lent… damn food!
Apologies of any traces of Franglish in my writing.
Nite, nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment