Sunday 4 August 2013

XL Vegan - Update August 2013

Well hello everybody!
It has been 3 months since I last posted something on this blog. I have now come to give you an update.

God has been so good to me. I have carried on eating vegan meals and not that much products of animal origin. I have managed to open the eyes of few sceptical people… in my office in particular; over 1 week, had cooked and made vegan tasters for 10 people in my office and all of them liked what was presented to them. Few rediscovered some vegetables that they thought they hated and few definitely change their mind about vegan foods… I have realised that it is definitely possible to live without meats and dairies.
Few of my dishes were submitted to 3 national lifestyle magazines and one of them published my recipes over 4 pages… This was completely unexpected… and I say this is God’s work.

If you are not of a God-believing disposition you would think that I am a nutter for believing that God is the strength behind everything great that is /has /will happen to me this year. Well let me tell you… I am a NUTTER, a God fearing and God believing woman and everything is down to HIM.
Had it not been for him, I wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the 40 days of Creating, Cooking, Photographing, and Blogging daily!

Had it not been for God, I wouldn’t have had the gut to submit my dishes to the magazines: Delicious Mag,  Stylist magazine & New African Woman. The latter published few of my recipes in their June/July edition covering  4 PAGES!!!  And a mention on the cover What an amazing thing to happen!!!
Thanks to God, I have dared to make tasters for 10 peoples during 7 days in the row while doing my day job full time organising events.

Had it not been for God, I wouldn’t have had the guts to submit my dishes to food pro directors who are now chewing over my ideas…
THAT is all GOD and to him I give the Glory and cannot wait to see how the rest of this year pans out.

I’ve also now got better tools to get me going with more creative stuffs and can’t wait to see what random dishes I am going to cook up.
If you haven’t visited it yet, I have started an all vegan blog with just vegan recipes  http://all-vegan.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/home-made-orange-sorbet.html where there are fuller recipes of the dishes from the 40 days fast and also new ones.

To see the Magazine article click on this link or copy it on your browser…
The journey continues… and the dreams are getting bigger…

To read the full article from New African June/July 2013 edition, please copy this link on your browser
See you soon.
Nash.

1 comment:

  1. Hi folks, my first book has now been published and it is a recipes book for #foodbanks users. It is free to download from here http://thebankcook.com/about/ bless you. Nash.

    ReplyDelete