Wednesday 20 March 2013

Day 17th… Does my bum look big?

 Yes it does!  Ladies, do not ask the question if you can’t handle both answers! You better not ask me any ways.
In this instance the question is posed by me and answered by yours truly too. Yeah, I do talk to myself a lot… feel free to call me deranged. You are not teaching anything new. I am deranged.
So, this morning I went to weigh myself. It looks like I have gained 3 pounds. Yikes! Proving once again,  that eating healthy foods doesn’t spell weight loss automatically. YOU MUST CONTROL YOUR PORTIONS!
I am much able to control my portions on my normal diet because I could take a coffee instead of a hand full of dry raisins or a handful of toasted seeds.
Since I started the lent, my snacks are really healthy and full of natural sugars and oils… meaning calories.
I have also replaced most of my coffees with … bananas. My colleague got so worried about my consumption of bananas that, he warned me that I might be poisoning myself with the amount I am eating per day. So I started to get worried too. I Googled “how many bananas can poison you?”. Well it makes an interesting read, click on the coloured text to read all about the dangers of that beautiful fruit we call banana. Amongst the side effects, there is headache… which explains that… Please take note: the recommended quantity is 1 a day… I wont tell you how many I have been eating before and now during this experience.
See, due to some health issues fruits were my best friends. 2 years ago, I was told that most of the ones I ate were not that good for me and I thought the banana was less threatening and was the best amongst the rest. Well well well. Here we are… I just have to take it down to one…. That is going to be a new challenge or there might be a death by banana before the 40 days are over (12 April). lol.
Few posts ago, I did wonder if I was supposed to like this experiment that much. Now we know!
The scale in my bathroom tells me that I must cut down on quantities and stop replacing every other thing that I have removed from my diet. To void that my “derriere” starts creating his own post code down south on it own with sister east and west (thighs sides), I suppose it is time to must listen to mister scale!
For breakfast I had an avocado and tomato salad… not great for a start, but the avocado was going off and I didn’t really want to carry it in my bag  for lunch “al desco”.
I thought I would skip “proper” lunch and go for a fruit fiesta in stead… including banana in centre stage, dry raisin, seeds more banana. By the time I looked up on Google about the poisoning thing, I was already had banana number 3 with number four about to be murdered… after reading Google, I gave it away.

Crazy Jack soup mix from Tesco
 
For dinner, I had a broth with celery, spring onions, fresh tomato and coconut milk… delicious.

If you take anything from this, DO NOT EAT TOO MANY “bananes” which incidentally are full of calories too!  Enjoy food, don’t overdose on anything. Compris?
C  ya tomorrow!

20 minutes. Job done!


No comments:

Post a Comment