Tuesday 19 March 2013

Day 16… Thank you Lord

Nothing significant happened today, but a lot of great things are happening at work and tonight I just felt like thanking God. Just stop the routine and thank him… We sometime focus so much on what is wrong. The TV, the papers, the radio rarely take time to report on positive things happening around us. If they do, it is almost like a foot note.  We as Christians do that too, me included. Just look at my last two entries, I was complaining bout something or another.
So tonight as I was thinking about this post, I just felt so thankful about my day, my life, everything…
Dear Lord. Had it not been for you sustaining me Lord, I wouldn’t be here right now.  Many times I was ill you heal me. When I didn’t have, you provided. When I needed support you gave it me…
And…  “Just a little while longer I want to pray.
I can’t get you out of my mind so I say thank you Lord, just for loving me.
Many times I do forget every need that you have met, so I thank you Lord, I know that you are  showing me.
You are there when I am down and out, you are holding me. Your love is so amazing, and it changed me.
So, here I am with all I have, I raise my hands to worship you, I want to say thank you, thank you Lord.
Thank you for everything, for who you are. You have covered me, you touched my heart. I want to say thank you. Thank you Lord.
I could have died in my sin, but you saved me. I didn’t have any hope at all. But you gave me peace divine, and the strength to carry on.
I should have been the one to pay, but instead you took my place, what an amazing grace? It is more than just a song.
Even though I don’t deserve your love for me, you look beyond my faults and showed me mercy. So here I am, with all I have, raised my hands to worship you. I want to say thank you. Thank you Lord.
I want to thank you for the sun, Lord we want to thank you for the rain, Lord I love you. Thank you, that’s all I can say. Thank you for the love you gave.
Amen. 
I wanted to say a prayer, but this song from the Katinas was just the one. I know it by heart and when I run out of words. I say it as a prayer.

Find it in the Indian shop
All peeled!
I did eat today. The quinoa left over for lunch. And for dinner I had a beautiful African roots vegetables stew with soya meatball, sweet yellow potato and yam. All cooked with palm oil (also used in Nutella choc spread). I usually do the stew with lamb neck... delish! Tweet me for the recipe.

Thanks for reading. Peace.



Here it is. my roots stew!

1 comment:

  1. I love this Nash! You are so right, sometimes we can get so caught up in our problems that we don't thank God for all the AMAZING things He has and continues to do. Keep up the fast you are doing a great job and be expectant- expect the unexpected (in a Great, God way!) xx

    ReplyDelete