Thursday 21 March 2013

Day 18th… Getting rid of extra pounds

After yesterday’s realisation, I have started a pounds shaving “diet”… laughable isn't it? But I do hate the idea of having gained gain that much in so little time. I am naturally already 10kgs over my normal weight but, I hide them well given my height. Having more on top of those 10kgs is a NO NO!
Since I started lent, I haven’t been exercising either because that time is now taken by the cooking the photos, the prayer times and the blogging.
I’ve no particular plan on how to get rid of those 3 pounds, but I am going to try really hard. So, in good faith this morning, I had a really light breakfast a grated pure ginger tea… I grated my own ginger and stirred it in that silver thing you can see in the picture. With the tea I had half a grapefruit and a bit of dry raisin for the sugar kick.
For lunch, I had this beautiful buckwheat tabouli.
To Make it, you will need: pre-cooked buckwheat, fresh coriander roughly chopped, olives, fresh broccoli finely chopped, grated carrots, a finely chopped tomato, some chopped dry currants, a bit of salt a small amount of vegetable or olive oil.
Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt and oil as the last elements to the tabouli. If you prefer your tabouli sharper than saltier, squeeze some lemon juice on it just before serving.
Shopping: Since starting this blog, I have been no where near a health food or whole foods shop yet. Most of the stuff that I have used can be found in out every day supermarkets and corner shops. If you want to buy like buckwheat, quinoa, bulgur, nuts, seeds and those kinds of things, whole foods shops are too expensive. You will find most of them in the whole foods section or world foods aisles in Tesco or Sainsbury. The big Tescos have a wider range.
Measuring ingredients: You would have noticed that I rarely give the quantities/proportions of ingredients used in preparing my foods. I tend to make it up as I go. The good thing about loving food is that you know the ingredients that you like and those you don’t. Since starting the blog, I have put a note book in the kitchen so I won’t forget what I have used…

My ideal kitchen

But I do hope that being unable to work out the proportions will not prevent you from trying some of the foods on this blog.
Know that the kitchen isn’t an enemy but the friend who keeps you away from the fast food and prevents you from eating the horse meat that you didn’t know was used in your meal.
The meals on the blog: I am trying to only post pictures of dishes only once on the blog. You will hardly find two posts about the same dish. If I don’t mention what I eat at breakfast, lunch of dinner, it is probably because I had a leftover or cooked a dish that is already on the blog.
Prayers: I now pray 3 time a day and managed twice in 18 day to bless my food,,, that is a start in my books. I am not mentioning the subject of prayer as they are getting more and more personal.
The end! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment