Tuesday 5 March 2013

Here we are... Daniel day 1

I spent the week end in Paris with my family. They know how to deal with food and of course I stuffed my face even though I was supposed to wind down in order to star the fast.
This morning first day, I woke up in Paris few steps away from warm tasty croissants, pains au chocolat, pain aux amandes and fresh baguette. 
Instead I opted for 3 oranges and a apple. But I couldn’t resist coffee. Well, that was the first and hopefully the only fail of the nest 28 days. T
he rest of the day was easier because I was returning to London by coach and ferry. I planned my day and had enough ground nuts and a vegetable stir-fry (see picture) in my luggage. 

Stir fry eated on the quay waiting for the ferry at Calais - France

For drink, I had  glaces of hot water with lemon slices then normal water. Another apple in the ferry that cost me 80 pences… thieves! Plus it was a tinny one.
Over all it was an easy enough day as I wasn’t around food much. The journey from Paris lasted 10 hours (passports issues with some of my fellow travellers) and I used that time for prayer and reading the word of God -I intend to read the bible cover to cover I started in January, made a big dent today-.
The prayer today were mostly about thanks giving as I’ve had many answered prayers this year already.
I got home at 10.45pm, so, missed out on cooking the meal I was so looking forward to put together for my first fast cooked meal. So (quick) dinner is roasted nuts and caffeine free- sugar -free-ginger tea.
Tomorrow at work is staff lunch…aaaahhh that’s going to be fun with the whole office filled with smells of roasted chicken and hot dogs… I might just decide to take a walk… Yes I am a chicken, cowed or better yet …a horse ah!
See ya tomorrow and thank you for reading… Want to join me for a day or two on this journey? Please let me know. So I will add you to my prayers of the day.  A bientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment