Wednesday 10 April 2013

Just 2 days to go

Funny how at times when you are getting nearer a goal, it seems people around you gang up and are suddenly against you. I am not even sure they realise it. As Christians, we think that “it is the work of the Devil” who sets up people against you so you would fail, usually closer to your “breakthrough”.  
If you have never read the bible just look for the book of Job, it makes an interesting read. Just read it as a book you have picked up. It would make you ask a lot of questions about life, choices and why somethings happen to good people. Click here to read Job’s story in Wiki, or here to go to the story.
Today I got really near to loosing my rag and ring someone’s neck, but a kind colleague reminded me that I was so close, which helped calming me down. I am bracing myself for more confrontations as I get closer to the end of my lent. Few of my prayers have been answered and I have faith that more will be after I have finished… Faith is hope! 
My Lunch today

Onto the food then. For lunch I had some home made houmous with a platter of vegetables. The houmous could have done with a little more salt. The only reason i made the houmous is because I opened a tin of chick peas and I would have wasted it if not used.
To the chick peas, I just added rapeseed oil, garlic and yellow peppers, blend. Food is served. 10 minutes to prepare.
For dinner it was just as simple. A pulses party: Chick peas again ( yes I love them) green lentil, black kidney beans, sweet corn, toasted sesame seeds, sundried tomato, salt & black pepper plus a little drizzle of flavoured oil. Ideally I would eat this with a fresh baguette… banned in my diet for another 2 days. Rice cakes will do.
I am stopping here because I am trying to watch this Centrafrican film on the Africa channel.. it is showcasing pygmies and it is in French too. Those films are rare here in the UK but are are much more popular in France as old colonies are part of the fabric of French society. You will those film regularly on national television (to know more about Franco African films check out FESPACO)…
The film tonight is called the “Silence of the forest”. They are eating pounded Cassava and caterpillars… yikes!
So, see y’all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment