Friday 29 March 2013

Day 25… Grace to you

Earlier this year, someone dear to me got saved… I was in floods of tears when he told me that he went to church and something happened… Praise God in deed!
When I look back at how this brother used to mock me every time I said something about church or that he should pray about some of his trials. When I used to say that I am going to church mid week, he would say “again?”… Yup, the same guy got saved. Yesterday he called for a chat and was telling me how it is all going at his church and how he is discovering what it really means to be Christian…
If you can imagine a child who has been in a sweet shop for the first time, at their return, you ask them how it was. The enthusiasm in their voice and the imagery they conjure describing the shop is just… well, just a real picture. This guy tells me that he sang in the male choir in front of 300 person (he’s been saved less than 6 months)… He wouldn’t have been seen dead going in a church willingly. I guess that is salvation and the grace of God for you.
Now conversation flow much easier without me worrying that he might make fun of what I am saying. I had prayed so much for this brother. All he needed at the end was a little nudge from another person that the Lord had placed at the right place at the right time. Now I am so amazed to see this brother in Christ so enthusiastic… just like a new born… Isn’t God great? His grace, his grace, his grace is just… indescribable… This brother, being in the Kingdom today is just a miracle and my joy is just so… don’t know how to describe my happiness right now. I wouldn’t be so surprised if I find him preaching on the pulpit one day because of the way he is and the protester he was until now… God uses the most improbable people in his Kingdom… I can wait to see where this guy will end up… Lord you are AMAZING!
Often we pray for people and we are never quiet sure if it is all going somewhere because we cannot see changes in their behaviour or their belief. If you are praying for your dear friend, your child, your brother, your neighbour, your parents, do not give up because in good time, God will hear you and that person will come through. Keep praying, keep knocking, keep interceding…  No pray goes unanswered.
To encourage you I have found this song from Candy Staton, it is the only one I could think of at the time of writing this post. The song is titled “I thought you’d Like to know”

The lyric say:
I thought you’d like to know, All those night your paced the floor
Praying I would make it home alright. Believing God that He would some day save my soul,
Well He did, just thought you’d like to know.

Then I thought you’d like to know all those prayers you prayed for me, never one fell to the ground. I know sometimes it looked like I was a million miles from grace. But He answered your prayers and I thought you’d like to know.
O [mama] I want you to know I love you. Please forgive me for all the times I broke your heart
Every tear you cried for me, drew me closer to being free. I just want to thank you and I thought you’d like to know.

Keep prayin’!  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment