Friday 5 April 2013

Day 32 ... SH day 6

Thursday 4th April. Last day of Spring Harvest for me. It turned out to be longest day. I managed to miss my bus connection from Minehead to Taunton. The next bus was only in 20 minutes which meant that I would miss the train from Taunton to Bristol and also from Bristol to London. As I waited worrying about how I was going to pay for new tickets… a church coach pulled up to collect members who were returning from Spring Harvest to London. A friend who happened to be a member of said church came to say goodbye… to cut a long story short, he wasn’t returning right away and manage to get me on the coach for free.  Talking about being blessed? Now, that’s a blessing. 6 hours it took to arrive in Dagenham plus another two to get home… well, I got home at 9.30pm.
My late broth
 The first thing I did was clear the mess that Mr Jay made while I was away, then made myself a home-made warm and creamy broth with chickpeas and coconut milk… uhhhmmmm! I missed warm food.
Last meal at Butlins

For breakfast, I when to Butlins restaurant this morning and ordered a double portion of fried seasoned mushrooms that I eat with sugar free Dijon mustard… I think this must have been the only breakfast made with effort for the last six days.
Lunch was a snack fest in Pembury when the coach had a stopover; it consist of some plain salty pop corns, an apple and a banana, plus a "Green Machine naked fruit juice… I had never tasted it before it tastes amazing and has no added sugar. Highly recommended!
Now Butlins and all the made up concoctions are behind us now and we’ve got just 8 more days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment