Friday 5 April 2013

Day 28... SH day 2

Sunrise on Easter Sunday
Today is Resurrection Day… and Spring Harvest first celebration service was at 7am. I didn’t want to go, but my colleague convinced me to. She thought it was going to take place on the beach with people being baptized like previous years.  It turned out; the beach celebration of the resurrection was cancelled because it was high tide. Then, we couldn’t have communion because the seagulls behaved like vultures at times. I was aware of none of that until I followed the sound of singing which, led to a green… I was disappointed that the service wasn’t on the beach, but happy that I went to the service… in my jammies… lol

It tasted as it looks
Today our good friend Jozef the waiter and the chef kept their word. Within five mutes after I sat down for my breakfast, I receive from the kitchen my tomatoes and mushrooms; still bland… unfortunately I don’t trust them to provide me with something else as they might add in un-prescribed ingredients. My trusted friend the chunky tomato was there too. But, I suspect that if I am still on this diet after day 3 I might lose the will to live… getting bore of it now.
For lunch I had some boiled-to-death green beans, carrots and baked potato with fried onions…
My dinner
The tea time offers no alternative for me and for any possible vegan working on the events team. So I collected the tea and passed it on to whoever wanted it; sandwich, flapjack, chocolate cake and fruits. All I kept from my tea was the clementines and banana.
At lunch time I managed to sneak away some fresh salad that I could use for dinner. So, for dinner, I had a multi coloured salad with sweet corn and the flavoured oil from my chunky tomato sauce accompanied with my oat bran savoury biscuit.
One thing I am noticing now is that my digestive system has gotten used to these vegan meals and is functioning semi-correctly without help. Which is great! I think from time to time, I will take leave from my normal egg-caffeine-cream-butter-sugar rich diet. 30 days of veganism will help me to cleanse and restore my digestive system…

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment