Friday 5 April 2013

Day 31 ... SH day 5

The food at Butlins sank to a new low this morning when I went for my breakfast. I arrived and let the kitchen staffs know that had arrived. No less than 3 minutes later I was presented with some barely cooked row mushrooms and almost splattered tomatoes.
The mushroom looked visibly uncooked and I asked the waiter “seriously, would you eat this? Can you not see that this isn’t cooked?”  And I asked him if he could at least ask the chef to cook all into some oil with garlic and black pepper? The waiter took away the plate and when he reappeared, I had better looking tomatoes and healthier looking cooked mushrooms…
Frankly how these people remain in business is beyond me. I don’t know. Is it because we are Christians and are not meant to complain? By not complaining, these people think it is ok to serve us this rubbish and in our “Meekness” we accept mediocrity.
A the end my breakfast look like this with some sundried tomato and marinated aubergines
 At lunch time there was no surprises… you’ve guessed it OVERBOILED broccoli and cauliflower. I didn’t manage to have my lunch at lunch time as we were so busy on the stand. So, my lunch was eaten cold at 6.30 pm.
At break time, I went to Morrison’s in search of new flavours and came back with some Tahini, olive and garlic in olive oil and some sugar-free Dijon mustard. I also discovered that 99% of mustards jars I could find on the shelves had sugar in their composition... Wow!.
So, for dinner my concoction was made of he following: Ready-to-eat chestnuts, tahini and mustard, potatoes, over killed broccoli and cauliflowers, olives, sundried tomatoes… my dinner companion was a  very  hungry  seagull who watched all my movements.
It tasted really good. Tahini on its own isn’t that good, but with a bit of mustard it is just great. Tahini is the equivalent of peanut butted, but it is made of sesames seeds. Next, I will try it on a peace of cracker … it should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment