Monday 8 April 2013

4 Days to go

Today I walked from Stockwell to Pimlico twice took me 25 minutes each way. I am planning to do that all this month… I really ought to lose some weight. According to my BMI I am 10Kgs overweight with my height, I should weight 75kgs, but I can’t shift the pounds. So from time to time I take on heavy exercise or gentle ones like walking. My problem is, I tend to bulk up really quickly so must be careful that I don’t turn into a 5ft7 black women with muscles like Mike Tyson… Might scare my future husband away…lol
So. Have you ever tried rice in salad? Well, here is one that I made for my lunch today.
You should have noticed by now that I LOVE my greens. For this beautiful rice salad you will need the following:
* Red Camargue and wild rice from Waitrose (cook for 30 minutes with salt as normal leave to cool down, rince to remove any remaining starch)
*1 carrot grated (don’t use the thinner side of the grater)
*1 tomato really finely chopped (try matching the size of the grated carrot)
*Broccoli (just use the very green heads raw – same size as the above)
*Half a red pepper cut finely preferably same size as the tomato
*Roasted salted peanuts chopped in the same size too.
*2-3 tables spoons of black poppy seed (just because I like them and love the way they crunch)
Mix all the above to with a bit of salt and black pepper. Done!
The salad can be eaten just as it or with a squeeze of lemon or even balsamic vinegar. The sauce must be kept simple as the salad on its own is already full of flavours.
For dinner I just had a soup based on a dish I found in Waitrose:  noodle soup with no noodles (I don’t like them), and without soy sauce (contains sugar).
So to make this you will need some green and red sweet peppers, onion, baby corn, leek, celery, green beans, mange tout, 1 chilli pepper and stock, garlic..
Since I didn’t have the soy sauce to give it the really dork colour it needed, I fried chopped onions in really hot oil and stock cube. If you fry it long enough, you should obtained some kind of darkish gunk to which you will add the vegetable and enough water to cover them.
Cover the pot and leave to cook until the French green beans are cooked to preference. I base the cooking time on the French green beans because I cook them often and if they are cooked, the baby corn will definitely still have a great crunch.

In this soup, the prep takes longer that the actual cooking, but all can be done within 30 minutes. While eating it I was reminded how I hate the mange-tout! Note to self, never buy them again, too much energy wasted on getting rid of the strings… KMT
See you tomorrow for day 37! Nite nite zzzzzzzzzzzzz all that walking? yeash!

No comments:

Post a Comment