Monday 18 March 2013

Day 15… I’ve lost my bible

Not found, still looking
This morning I didn’t managed to do my devotion before leaving home this morning. Thought I would do it on the go, alas couldn’t find my bible… now at 8pm I still don’t know what happened to my bible. I do have a few around the house, but the others are French or much bulkier… I left the house with one of the bulkier ones... HEAVY!
I am not sure who to blame for this… the devil perhaps? Not sure
I’ve got a theory. In Daniel 9, Daniel fasted for 21 days for his people after a vision he had. He had to wait 21 days before he the angel appeared to him with a response to his prayers. The Angel proceed to explain that the response to the prayers was blocked by the Prince of Persia  (the Devil) from the first day of his prayer.  Daniel 9 v 12-14.
Is this a coincidence? At the end of this week it will be 21 days since I started this Daniel fast/XL vegan lent. Something happened yesterday that made me change the order of my prayers… I decided that this week’s prayers would be dedicated to few members of my family 1, 2 or 3 different members per day. So, today was the first day and the first time during this week  was going to pray  for one of my siblings household, I didn’t managed it, I got side tracked as I was looking for my much loved bible. Then I got to work late… coincidence? Not too sure.
I decide then to crank up the prayer routine during the day and added 1 more time of prayer mid afternoon on top of the morning devotion and mid morning break.  This is what we will apply at least for this week.
On the food now, after eating the content of a vitamins cabinet yesterday, I chose to have lighter and less starchy foods today.
For break fast I had my beloved oatbrand with dry raisins, seed, rice milk and grape fruits.
For lunch I had a big salad with beetroot, grated carrots and balsamic vinegar very filling
For dinner I had a quinoa stir fry with load of sweet pepper and carrots cut a la julienne.
To make the quinoa stir fry, you will need some part cooked quinoa, an onion, garlic, leek, celery, spring onion, a green pepper, a carrot, a tomato and a cube stock.
The quinoa usually takes 20 minutes to cook. So, for the stir fry you will precook it for 15 minutes, plain and Just with water. Set aside don’t let it cool down.
While the quinoa is cooking, peel and chop all the other ingredients as you want. Preferably thin and of the same size. Pay special attention to the carrot as it will be the hardest to cook amongst the ingredients. Set aside.
Put a bit of oil (vegetable oil) in a really hot wok, throw in your onions first and your carrots, stirs for two minutes.
Quinoa stir fry
Add in the other chopped ingredients keep stirring the lot for another 2 minutes.
Now throw in your precooked quinoa, mix it well, add black pepper, salt and your crushed stock cube. Mix well.
Now cover for another 5 minutes the time for the quinoa to finish cooking.
Et voila! Enjoy. I did.
I enjoyed mine watching the Simpsons on TV finally (first time in at least 3 weeks). I still can’t find my bible, but I feel relaxed and at peace. God bless you for reading.
See ya tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, delicious! Your fasting makes me hungry for the spirit! I will make much will power to fast from my grevious and wicked ways in special memory of you. Hope to meet you one day and thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...! You've got the idea dear reader. Thank you for your comment. It is great to know that someone is finding this useful. God bless. Nash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word- the Quinoa stir fry was YUMMY (thanks for letting me have a little taste)!! Seriously, you make veganism incredibly appealing - thanking God for your brilliant culinary creativity xx

    ReplyDelete