Wednesday 6 March 2013

Daniel day 3… we are getting cosy!

Isn’t it funny how we become over apprehensive over a project/idea/journey?
Doing a Daniel fast and a regular blog are both very new to me so, over the whole month of February, I chewed my nail over this. I imagined all possible fails and good reasons to abandon or push back the fast. I nearly abandoned on day one… I was in Paris and surrounded by GOOD FOOD! That was the worst bridge to cross. And having crossed it I now feel that all that time worrying about doing this was just a…. WASTE. Well here we are. 
It might just be day 3, but I feel that the worst is over. I have also realised that worrying about stuff helps you prepare for obstacles. I am not claiming victory just yet, but I felt that I am getting in to  a routine now and really starting to enjoy this.
It is almost too easy. The real challenge will come when the spiritual stuff start kicking in. You can never prepare for that. I sincerely hope that the prayer for random people isn’t going to increase as I feel weird calling someone and saying…”God told me that you needed prayer”. Thank God the most random of them seem to know who I was, but I couldn’t remember her… well, may be that is my comfort issue … will need to sort it out and be more positive about it.
The reading today in my bible was about Moses having people supporting him in everything he did. Similarly during my preparation, I nominated few people who will support me during the fast and help me keeping on… people to be accountable to are a good motivator… who like admitting defeat? Not me! So I find them really useful and thank God that I have such friend. I am yet to find people to join me on short legs of the journey and can understand their reluctance… If you are interested, there is still time. DM me on twitter to @hjulienne.

Oat Bran with fresh fruits
Today food wise, the Oat bran looked and tasted better topped up with fresh Strawberries, chopped red grapes, coconut milk and a small pinch of salt. I think this could be even better with sharper watery fruits like Clementine or other red berries (black berries seem watery enough).

For lunch I had the leftovers from “my suede surprise” topped up with sesame seeds for crunch.

"my suede surprise"

For dinner it was a simple lentils & potatoes soup accompanied with bobolo. The bobolo is from Cameroon and made with fermented Cassava steamed in a banana leaves…

I love them and they can be used in place of bread for the soup. Given that It is fermented, I am not quiet sure if it suitable for this fast. 
Lentil soup and bobolo


Recipes of the soup and the bobolo are available on request. Please DM me via twitter @hjulienne.
Thank you for keeping up. A bientot!

girl holding a bobolo









  



No comments:

Post a Comment